Our most comprehensive package of services:
Format: CD OR Digital Download
Taught by Marek Wyszynski
A Feldenkrais Program for Strength, Flexibility, Balance and Freedom from Pain
21 Beneficial Exercises for Restoring Healthy and Efficient Function of your Hips, Knees, Feet and Ankles
Download the Introduction for FREE! Click here to download (email address required).
Track 1: Introduction
2. Effortless & Upright Posture: Walking, Running and Jumping in Side-Lying
Moving from Sitting to Standing Six practices to improve many movements including getting up from a chair to negotiating stairs, squatting, lunging, running and jumping.
3. Using your pelvis and trunk
4. Using your knees
5. Using your feet
Moving from Sitting to Standing (Con’t)
6. Smooth, Easy Movement
7. Freedom in Your Spine
8. All Together Now
9. Shifting Weight for Effective Push-Off and Balance
10. Bridging – Powerful Alignment
11. Buttocks – Your Strongest Muscles
12. Restoring “Forgotten” Movement: Foot Inversion and Spirals – Part 1
13. Restoring “Forgotten” Movement: Foot Inversion and Spirals – Part 2
14. Core Strengthening
15. Painting with the Soles of the Feet: Integrating Your Skeleton in Movement
16. Circles with the Knees in Side-Lying
17. Safe Turning and Pivoting
18. The Cardinal Movements of the Foot and Ankle
19. Lengthening Hamstrings and Calves
20. Improving Mobility of Your Hips on All Fours
21. Four Points: Dynamic Balance
22. Standing Tall – The Highest Point of Your Hips
Marek Wyszynski, PT, GCFP is a co-founder of the Feldenkrais Institute of New York and president of Physical Therapy & Feldenkrais NYC, P.C., member of the Hospital for Special Surgery Rehabilitation Network since 2003. He is a former supervisor of The New York Pain Treatment Program at Lenox Hill Hospital where he worked closely with the world-renowned physician Dr. Hans Kraus. For over two decades Marek has worked with people suffering from acute and chronic pain, world-class athletes, performing artists and those with orthopedic and neurological problems. He is a Hospital for Special Surgery Certified Advanced Hip Clinician, and teaches Continuing Education programs for health professionals, and Feldenkrais Workshops for the public.
The most direct way to benefit from Feldenkrais is to work privately with one of our highly skilled practitioners. In Functional Integration lessons, the work is tailored specifically to your needs, the touch is gentle and communicative, and your comfort is respected. Call 212-727-1014 for an appointment.
I believe Marek Wyszynski's extraordinary (and usually unspoken) fluency in anatomy and physiology facilitate his lucid teaching of self awareness, self-correction and efficiency of movement — the Feldenkrais technique.
- George Green, M.D., Professor of Clinical Surgery, Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons
Please join us for:
The Feldenrais Gym with Josh
Tuesday, March 28
Seeing the Image Through Self and Space
Wednesday, March 29
Feldenkrais Biography: A Life in Movement
Tuesday, April 4
Friday Evening – Sun, April 7 – 9
Click HERE for up-to-date details and teacher substitutions (if any) and to register in advance for any class.
**Community classes are pay-what-you-can, with a suggested fee of $10.00.
For your first class, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time.
We recommend loose, comfortable clothing.
Mats, pads are provided.
All classes are drop-in. Get your first two classes for the price of one!
Drop-in for $25
6 class card for $125
12 class card for $250
Members receive FREE unlimited classes and one FREE Functional Integration session every month
Call (212) 727-1014